If you think you have a natural gas leak or emergency, go to a safe location, then call 9-1-1.
What To Do If You Smell Gas or Suspect a Leak:
- Immediately leave the area.
- If possible, turn off any equipment being used in or near the suspected leak.
- From a safe location, call 9-1-1 or your local emergency response number and the pipeline company.
- Warn others to stay away when possible.
If You Suspect a Gas Leak, DO NOT:
- Do not touch, breathe or make contact with the leaking liquid or gas.
- Do not light a match, start an engine, or turn off any type of electrical switch such as a light, garage door, or anything that would create static or a spark.
- Do not attempt to extinguish any fire that may have started.