Welcome to

Cherokee County

Involuntary Commitments

The court handles hearings for involuntary commitments of persons alleged to be mentally ill or chemically dependent.  Please note that the initial paperwork must be started at either of the following facilities. Contact these agencies for more information as to how to begin the process.

  • Cherokee County Mental Health
  • 864.487.2710
  • Cherokee County Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse
  • 864.487.2721