Cherokee County is a great place to work!
We are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or political affiliation. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities.
If you would like to apply for a position within Cherokee County, please download and fill out the application form.
Submit your completed application with your resume and a cover letter to Renee Crocker at Cherokee County Human Resources via mail or email, preferably at [email protected].
Roads and Bridges Equipment Operator II
Provides the necessary transportation as well as operate a bulldozer, excavator, front-end loader or backhoe. Maintenance of structures such as highways, streets and temporary roads and properly maintain right of ways.
- Must have valid drivers’ license
- Ability to read maps
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Must successfully complete drug screen
Position is open until filled.
Part-Time Emergency Management Coordinator
Cherokee County is seeking a qualified candidate for the Emergency Management Coordinator. Position may require response to emergency incidents or disasters to assist with documentation, coordination or other tasks as needed. May be required to use various communication equipment including computers, iPads, mobile phones, portable and mobile radios or satellite communication devices. Operate various off road and marine equipment.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be Hazmat Technician, Trench Rescue and Water Rescue Specialist
- Prefer associate degree or 6 years equivalent experience.
- Excellent organization skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug screen
Open until filled.
911 Telecommunication Operators
General duties include but are not limited to performing a variety of routine clerical, administrative and technical work in receiving and dispatching routine and emergency information for law enforcement, fire and emergency agencies. Twelve hour shifts and schedule includes an eight day break every three weeks for the full time positions.
- Prefer a SC Criminal Justice Academy certificate or able to obtain within (6) months of hire
- Prefer NCIC and EMD Certification
- Must successfully complete SLED criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to type a minimum of 25 words per minute
- Be available to work holidays, weekends and nights
- High School Diploma or GED
These positions are a grade 10.
Open until filled
Solid Waste Collections Drivers
Cherokee County is seeking qualified candidates to fill open positions for Solid Waste Collection Drivers. Drivers are responsible for completing daily routes with two collectors to pick up household garbage door to door throughout the County, City of Gaffney and Town of Blacksburg. Must monitor the safety of the crew, perform daily pre and post trip inspections, and report any and all truck maintenance issues.
- Must have valid CDL Class B license
- Must be able to learn and follow daily routes
- Prefer experience with heavy trucks
- Must successfully complete a drug screen
The beginning hourly rate is $18.00.
Part Time Deputy Coroner
The Cherokee County Coroner’s Office is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Deputy Coroner. The Deputy works under the direction of the Coroner and duties include but not limited to securing crime scenes, collecting evidence and testifying in court. Professionalism, attention to detail and ability to prioritize under stressful situations is a must. Hours worked are dependent upon need which can include nights, weekends and holidays. Ten hours budgeted per week.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Good communication skills
- Must live in Cherokee County
- Prefer experience in death investigations, law enforcement or forensic science
- Must have valid SC Driver’s License
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check
This position is a grade 11 with a minimum beginning annual salary of $6,130.80.
Position is open until filled