Cherokee County is a great place to work!
We are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or political affiliation. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities.
If you would like to apply for a position within Cherokee County, please download and fill out the application form.
Submit your completed application with your resume and a cover letter to Renee Crocker at Cherokee County Human Resources via mail or email, preferably at [email protected].
Roads and Bridges Equipment Operator II
Provides the necessary transportation as well as operate a bulldozer, excavator, front-end loader or backhoe. Maintenance of structures such as highways, streets and temporary roads and properly maintain right of ways.
- Must have valid drivers’ license
- Ability to read maps
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Must successfully complete drug screen
Position is open until filled.
Circuit Solicitor Legal Assistant
The Circuit Solicitor’s Office is seeking a qualified applicant for a full-time office job (37.5 hours per week). The duties for the position include answering telephones, data entry, filing, communicating with the public and preparation of legal paperwork.
- Prefer an Associate’s Degree or more
- Prefer someone with prior legal experience
- General knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- General knowledge of office equipment and ability to use personal computers
- Must successfully complete a SLED criminal background check and drug screen
Open until filled.
Solid Waste Clerk
Cherokee County is seeking a clerk for the Solid Waste Department. The duties will include, but not limited to, answering phones and emails, filing, creating requisitions, general clerical duties, and dealing with the public with problems and concerns.
- Must have H.S. Diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of two years clerical experience
- Must have two years’ experience managing public complaints and requests
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen
Recycling CDL Driver
Drives the recycling truck and collects, sorts and packages recyclable materials. Responsible for completing routes in a timely manner and performing routine maintenance checks of the truck according to established guidelines.
- Must have CDL license
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds
- Ability to deal with the public in friendly and professional manner
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug screen
Open until filled.
911 Telecommunication Operators
General duties include but are not limited to performing a variety of routine clerical, administrative and technical work in receiving and dispatching routine and emergency information for law enforcement, fire and emergency agencies. Twelve hour shifts and schedule includes an eight day break every three weeks for the full time positions.
- Prefer a SC Criminal Justice Academy certificate or able to obtain within (6) months of hire
- Prefer NCIC and EMD Certification
- Must successfully complete SLED criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to type a minimum of 25 words per minute
- Be available to work holidays, weekends and nights
- High School Diploma or GED
These positions are a grade 10.
Open until filled
Solid Waste Collections Drivers
Cherokee County is seeking qualified candidates to fill open positions for Solid Waste Collection Drivers. Drivers are responsible for completing daily routes with two collectors to pick up household garbage door to door throughout the County, City of Gaffney and Town of Blacksburg. Must monitor the safety of the crew, perform daily pre and post trip inspections, and report any and all truck maintenance issues.
- Must have valid CDL Class B license
- Must be able to learn and follow daily routes
- Prefer experience with heavy trucks
- Must successfully complete a drug screen
The beginning hourly rate is $18.00.
Part Time Deputy Coroner
The Cherokee County Coroner’s Office is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Deputy Coroner. The Deputy works under the direction of the Coroner and duties include but not limited to securing crime scenes, collecting evidence and testifying in court. Professionalism, attention to detail and ability to prioritize under stressful situations is a must. Hours worked are dependent upon need which can include nights, weekends and holidays. Ten hours budgeted per week.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Good communication skills
- Must live in Cherokee County
- Prefer experience in death investigations, law enforcement or forensic science
- Must have valid SC Driver’s License
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check
This position is a grade 11 with a minimum beginning annual salary of $6,130.80.
Position is open until filled