Recycling reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators, helps conserve natural resources, saves energy and prevents pollution.
Find out more about state and local recycling efforts for homes, schools and businesses at the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control.
We ask that residents separate their own recyclables.
- Recycling services are only available at specified convenience centers
- Curbside recycling is only collected for schools and businesses.
To inquire about curbside recycling pickup for your business, contact the Cherokee County Recycling Center.
Items acceptable for recycling:
- Mixed paper
- Plastic #1 and #2
- Steel and aluminum cans
- Short steel
- Electronics (a $10 fee may apply)
- Glass (brown, green, clear)
- Waste oil
- Acceptable: Motor oil, gear oil, fuel oil, heating oil, diesel fuel, kerosene, automatic transmission fluid, power steering fluid, hydraulic fluid
- Not acceptable: Water, brake fluid, antifreeze, refrigerant oil, paint thinner (or any substance used to clean paint brushes), gasoline, any solvent cleaner