So you want to start a business in Cherokee County? Great!
With convenient access to major interstates and highways, Cherokee County is a great place to grow your venture. We pride ourselves in local character, and we are strong believers in buying local and supporting local businesses.
- Establish your business structure.
- Register your business with the State of South Carolina and register for an Employee Identification Number (EIN).
- Establish a location and office space for your business within Cherokee County. Order signage for your building and make sure you are complying with Cherokee County ordinances if you are building or remodeling.
- You may need special permits to open certain types of businesses. Click here for a list of licenses and permits offered by the state.
- If you have employees, make sure you have an employment plan in place.